Terms & Conditions
The Affiliate's contractual relationship with Veli Services Mena - FZCO (hereinafter referred to as the “VSM”), in the Affiliate Programme for the Website(s) (as herein defined), shall be exclusively governed by these terms and conditions (T&C), being the standard Affiliate Agreement entered into between VSM and the Affiliate, the completed Affiliate Sign Up Form, any other guidelines and/or additional terms which VSM may provide to the Affiliate via email or the Website from time to time and the associated payment plans (collectively the 'Agreement') as the same may be varied, amended and/or supplemented from time to time. Upon first registration in the Affiliate Programme, the Affiliate acknowledges and accepts the exclusive validity of the Agreement and agrees to the provisions thereof (as amended or modified from time to time).
The Agreement contains the complete terms and conditions that apply to the Affiliate's participation in VSM’s affiliate programme ('Affiliate Programme') with regards to promoting the Website(s) currently available and what would be available in the future. Translations of this Agreement from the English language to other languages may be provided. However, the Parties expressly acknowledge that these translations are provided for information purposes only and the English version of the Agreement shall be the binding version. Should the contents of the Agreement vary in other languages to the English version, the English version shall prevail. This also applies to any information found on the Affiliate Tool and/or any other communications made by VSM to the Affiliate.
The purpose of this Agreement is to clearly establish the nature of the Affiliate's relationship with VSM. This Agreement in the most part deals with defining the operating terms of the relationship. It also refers to the Breach & Disciplinary Clauses. These clauses are intended to be exercised in the event that an Affiliate is in breach of any of the terms of these T&C and/or of the Agreement and/or is guilty of improper conduct (as reasonably established by VSM). VSM’s primary intention is to create a successful and long-term relationship with the Affiliate and to ensure the Affiliate is rewarded well for the Affiliate's efforts. Provided that the Affiliate acts in good faith at all times, there should be no need for VSM to exercise any of the disciplinary provisions contained herein.
VSM reserves the right to vary, amend and/or supplement these T&C as it deems fit and/or in line with regulatory developments and/or if changes in the nature of the industry/market landscape so requires. Any changes to this Agreement will be communicated to the Affiliate via email or the Website as described in Clause 1 (4) in these T&Cs below. If any modification is unacceptable to you, your only recourse is to terminate the Agreement. Your continued participation in our Affiliate Programme following our posting of a change notice or new agreement on our site will constitute binding acceptance of the modification or of the new agreement.
Important: please read this document carefully before accepting these T&Cs, then print and store along with all confirmation emails reflecting the Affiliate's tracker-IDs, bonus codes, and commission. General enquiries should be sent to [email protected] .
By registering with the Affiliate Programme and participating in same, the Affiliate is deemed to have read, accepted and agreed to be bound by all the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
1. Definitions and Interpretations
In these T&C, references to the following words shall have the meaning set out below, unless explicitly stated otherwise:
- 1.1 The 'Affiliate' provides a website ('Affiliate Website') where VSM’s marketing material is placed and directly linked to the Website(s). Therefore, Affiliates direct potential customers to the Website(s).
- 1.2 The 'Affiliate Programme' is a marketing program where VSM recruits Affiliates to place VSM’s marketing material on their own Affiliate Website(s). Affiliates will receive a referral fee or commission from revenue as may be agreed between VSM and the Affiliate.
- 1.3 "Affiliate Tool" means a website located at the URL and/or at any URL with which VSM replaces such URL from time to time (and such other web addresses that are owned, operated or controlled by or on behalf of VSM from time to time and that make available such websites) and each of its related pages.
- 1.4 'Affiliate Website' is the website operated and owned by the Affiliate.
- 1.5 'Commission' is the amount due and payable to the Affiliate, as calculated solely on the basis of VSM’s system's data and in accordance with these T&Cs and the applicable payment plans.1.6 'Cost per Acquisition' (or CPA) means the payment plan, where the Affiliate gets paid a referral fee for Real Money Players.
- 1.7 'Fraud' means fraudulent behaviour as described in Clause 11.
- 1.8 'Intellectual Property Rights' or 'IPRs' means the rights to all existing and future intellectual property, owned from time to time by VSM or any third party (as described in clause 7).
- 1.9 'Marketing material' means banners, text links and other marketing materials (that may include VSM's marks and IPRs) that have been provided or otherwise made available to the Affiliate via the Affiliate program and/or pre-approved in writing by VSM.
- 1.10 'Minimum required deposit' means the minimum amount to be paid by a Player required for the Affiliate's commission, which will be available to the Affiliate after due registration with VSM’s Affiliate tool and is to be treated as strictly confidential. VSM reserves the right to alter the said amount at any time by placing a notice to this effect on the Affiliate tool.
- 1.11 'Commission base' or ‘Net Gaming Revenue’ or ‘NGR’ means all monies received by VSM from New Real Money Players in relation to placed bets/casino activities less
- (a) monies paid out to New Real Money Players as winnings,
- (b) bonus and jackpot contribution payouts,
- (c) administration fees,
- (d) fraud costs,
- (e) charge-backs,
- (f) returned stakes and
- (g) monies paid out as duties or taxes.
- For the avoidance of doubt, all Net Revenue amounts referred to above are only in relation amounts generated from New Real Money Players referred to VSM Websites by the Affiliate Website(s).
- 1.12 'Website' means online sites or platforms which may be indicated by VSM from time to time through which a Player is able to open a Player Account and/or access the Services.
- 1.13 'Payment Plan' means the payment plan/s chosen by the Affiliate for each of the Affiliate's trackers.
- 1.14 'Player' means any person using the Services on the Website(s) whether attached to the Affiliate's tracker or not.
- 1.15 'Player Account' means a uniquely assigned account that is created for a Player when they successfully register for the services via a tracker URL.
- 1.16 'Real Money Player' means any Player who is attached to the Affiliate's tracker who:
- (a) has not been a Player with the operator of the Website before;
- (b) is not located and/or resident in a Restricted Territory;
- (c) has effected the Minimum Required Deposit;
- (d) is accepted as a Player under any applicable sign up or identity verification procedure which the operator of the Website may require;
- (e) has accumulated the required number of games duly notified to the Affiliate after registration with the Affiliate Programme; and
- (f) has adequately fulfilled any other qualification criteria that VSM may introduce from time to time.
- Notwithstanding any other provisions contained elsewhere in this Agreement, VSM reserves the right to alter the above-mentioned qualifying criteria at any time by virtue of placing notice on the Affiliate Tool.
- 1.17 'Restricted Territory' means country or the province where activities of the Affiliate, including but not limited to gambling, promotion of gambling products, media buying would contradict requirements of local law.
- 1.18 'Services' means any product or service offered to Players on the Website(s).
- 1.19 'Tracker' means the unique tracker URL that VSM provides exclusively to the Affiliate, through which VSM tracks Players´ and Real Money Players´ activities and calculates commission. Every tracker is uniquely identified by its tracker ID.
- 1.20 'Tracker URL' means a unique hyperlink or other linking tool for referencing the Website(s) or services through which the Affiliate refers potential Real Money Players. When the relevant Player opens his/her Player Account, the Website(s) automatically logs the Tracker URL and records the Affiliate.
- 1.21 'Tracker ID' is a unique identification number which identifies the Affiliate trackers.
- 2.1 For registration with the Affiliate Programme, the Affiliate must complete the Affiliate Sign Up Form. Upon submission of the Affiliate Sign Up Form, VSM shall evaluate the registration and notify the Affiliate of its decision to accept or reject the registration. The Affiliate acknowledges that VSM may refuse registrations at its sole discretion and for any reason.
- 2.2 The Affiliate undertakes to maintain its data strictly confidential and not to provide any third party/parties access thereto. Any activity within the Affiliate Programme under the Affiliate's username and password is automatically and solely attributed to the Affiliate. Prior to any out-payment, further details will be requested including, but not limited to, due diligence information, bank account details or details of any payment method into which monies due should be paid out, name and surname, registered or residential address (as the case may be), VAT number (where applicable) and contact details, including, but not limited to, telephone number. In the event that the Affiliate fails to provide sufficient and valid details, including but not limited to payment details, for a period of twelve (12) months from the date when the first attempt to pay out commissions due to the Affiliate is made, any such commission due shall be cancelled and forfeited by VSM. The Affiliate acknowledges that in such an event, the relevant commission shall not be recoverable.
- 2.3 The Affiliate warrants that the data it provides to VSM is accurate and correct and shall at all times remain responsible to keep all its data up-to-date. VSM shall not be responsible for verifying the accuracy or correctness of such data, however it reserves the right to suspend payments of any commissions due, or to impose penalties (which may be deductible from any commissions due) on the Affiliate in the event that it discovers that any of the data provided by the Affiliate is incorrect, inaccurate or not up-to-date.
- 2.4 VSM may modify these T&C at any time, in its sole discretion, by either:
- 2.4.1 emailing the Affiliate a change notice; or
- 2.4.2 posting the new version of the T&C on the Affiliate Tool.
- 2.5 The Affiliate acknowledges and agrees that regulations 10.1 and 10.2 (Information to be provided by electronic means) and 11.1 (placing of an order) of the Electronic Commerce Directive 00/31/EC shall not apply to or have any effect on this Agreement.
3. Rights & Obligations of VSM
- 3.1 VSM makes no warranties or representations (whether expressed or implied by law, statute or otherwise) with respect to the Affiliate Programme, sites, website or any content, products or services available therein or related thereto or that the Website, the Affiliate Tool, system, network, software or hardware (or that are provided to VSM by third parties) will be error-free or uninterrupted or with respect to the quality, merchantability, fitness for particular purpose or suitability of all or any of the foregoing. Except as expressly stated otherwise in this Agreement, all warranties, representations and implied terms and conditions are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Furthermore, neither VSM, nor any of its providers or underlying vendors, are required to maintain a redundant system(s), network, software or hardware.
- 3.2 VSM shall provide the Affiliate with a selection of advertising instruments e.g. logos, banners, graphics and other sales enhancing tools (hereinafter referred to as 'marketing material'). Upon implementation of any marketing material on the Affiliate website, the Affiliate offers the users of the Affiliate website the opportunity to directly access the Website(s). VSM shall be entitled to modify, limit and/or provide new marketing material at any time.
- 3.3 VSM shall bear any cost/s arising in connection with the graphical representation of the link.
- 3.3.1 VSM shall administer the players generated via the links, and the total amount of the commission earned via the link, provide the Affiliate with performance statistics online, and handle all customer services related to the business.
- 3.3.2 VSM may register any new Real Money Players directed to the Website by the Affiliate and will track their transactions. VSM reserves the right to refuse new Real Money Players (or to close their accounts) if necessary, to comply with any requirements VSM may periodically establish.
4. Responsibility of the Affiliate
- 4.1 The Affiliate shall be solely responsible to ensure that the set link is in compliance with all applicable laws of all relevant jurisdictions that might be concerned, and the Affiliate shall further indemnify and hold VSM and the operator of the Website harmless against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and/or expenses resulting or arising (directly or indirectly) from any such breach of applicable law. Nevertheless, Affiliate shall submit any materials, wording, design and/or campaign, that will be used for proportion of Website(s) for the approval of VSM. Any future changes of thereof shall be approved by VSM in advance.
- 4.2 The Affiliate represents and warrants that the information provided to VSM in the online application form is correct, true and complete in all respects. The Affiliate shall promptly update such information if all or any part of it changes.
- 4.3 The Affiliate confirms that it operates the Affiliate Website under its own name and that it is fully and without any restrictions authorised to dispose thereof.
- 4.4 The Affiliate shall assume all costs incurred for the implementation of the link. In addition, the Affiliate undertakes to bear the costs related to the access to the Affiliate Website and display and/or delivery of the advertisement.
- 4.5 The Affiliate shall be solely and exclusively responsible for the proper technical incorporation of the link and for the technical operation of the Affiliate Website.
- 4.6 The Affiliate shall be solely and exclusively responsible for the development, operation, and maintenance of the Affiliate Website as well as for all material appearing on the Affiliate Website.
- 4.7 The Affiliate acknowledges and agrees that trackers are for the Affiliate's sole use and the Affiliate shall not assign or sub-license (as appropriate) the Tracker ID or any commissions to any third party without VSM’s prior written consent.
- 4.8 The Affiliate warrants that it has independently evaluated the desirability of marketing the Website(s) or Services.
- 4.9 The Affiliate understands that gambling laws as well as laws regulating the promotion and marketing of games may vary from city to city, state to state and country to country. The Affiliate has independently evaluated all relevant laws and regulations that apply to its activities and has confirmed to its complete satisfaction that it may participate in the Affiliate Programme without violating any applicable rules or laws.
- 4.10 Officers, directors, employees, consultants and/or agents of the Affiliate or any one of their subsidiary, parent or associated group companies, suppliers or vendors, are not permitted to participate in the Affiliate Programme or to use, directly or indirectly, any of the Website(s), other than in the course of their employment or service provision, as the case may be. Similarly, ´relatives´ of such officers, directors, employees, consultants and agents are not permitted to participate in the Affiliate Programme or to use, directly or indirectly, any of the Website(s), unless the Affiliate has obtained VSM’s prior written consent. For these purposes, the term 'relative' shall include (but not be limited to) a spouse, partner, parent, child and/or sibling.
- 4.11 The Affiliate ensures that he is entering into this Agreement for purposes relating to his business and cannot deem to be a 'consumer' for the purpose of applicable consumer protection laws.
- 4.12 The Affiliate shall not market the Website(s) and/or the operator of the Website(s) and/or the Services or the IPRs of VSM or of the operator of the Website(s) in any way whatsoever (unless prior written approval is granted by VSM ):
- 4.12.1 on any website on which VSM or the operator of the Website promotes the Website(s);
- 4.12.2 on or through any internet search engine on or through which VSM or the operator of the Website promotes the Website(s) provided that this is applicable solely when the same audience and/or keyword is targeted;
- 4.12.3 in any other manner that results in the Affiliate competing with VSM or the operator of the Website in relation to the promotion of the Website(s); or
- 4.12.4 otherwise where VSM requests that the Affiliate cease same.
- 4.13 The Affiliate shall make sure that the Affiliate Website does not promote sexually explicit materials, is not targeted towards children or minors, does not promote violence, does not promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, does not promote illegal activities, is not targeted towards citizens from Restricted Territories, or does not violate any Intellectual Property Rights including the IPRs of VSM or the operator of the Website.
- 4.14 The Affiliate shall not directly, indirectly, nor shall the Affiliate authorise, assist or encourage any third party/ies to:
- 4.14.1 Develop and/or implement marketing and/or public relations strategies that have as their direct or indirect objective the marketing of VSM , the Website(s) and/or the Affiliate Tool which marketing is targeted at any persons who are under 18 years of age (or such higher age as may apply for cash gaming issues in the jurisdiction that the Affiliate is targeting), regardless of the age of majority in the location where the Affiliate's marketing is taking place;
- 4.14.2 Place marketing materials on any online site or other medium, including the Affiliate website, where the content and/or material on such website, the links to such website, or medium is potentially libellous, malicious, discriminatory, obscene, unlawful, sexually explicit, pornographic or violent or that is, in VSM’s sole discretion otherwise unsuitable or undesirable or potentially causing material disrepute;
- 4.14.3 Use marketing materials in a manner that may potentially confuse or mislead a Player or potential Player;
- 4.14.4 Place marketing materials on any online site or other medium, including the Affiliate Website, where the content and/or material on such online site, the links to such website, or medium:
- (a) infringes any third party's Intellectual Property Rights;
- (b) copies or make look-alikes of the Website(s) in whole or in part;
- (c) disparages VSM or the operator of the Website or otherwise damages VSM’s or the operator of the Website’s goodwill or reputation in any way;
- (d) frames any page of the Website(s) in whole or in part;
- 4.14.5 Read, intercept, modify, record, redirect, interpret, or fill in the contents of any electronic form or other materials submitted to VSM by any other person;
- 4.14.6 In any way alter, redirect any/or interfere with the operation or accessibility of the Website(s) or any page thereof;
- 4.14.7 Register as a Player on behalf of any third party, or authorise or assist (save by promoting the Website(s) and services in accordance with this Agreement) any other person to register as a Player;
- 4.14.8 Take any action that could reasonably cause any Player confusion as to VSM’s relationship with the Affiliate and/or any third party/ies, or as to the ownership or operation of the Website(s) or service on which any functions or transactions are occurring. Any further disclosure of and/or reference to VSM requires VSM’s prior written consent;
- 4.14.9 Post, serve or publish any advertisements, communications and/or promotional content promoting the Website(s), VSM’s or the operator of the Website’s services, Intellectual Property Rights or marks around or in conjunction with the display of the Website(s) and/or any part or page thereof (for example and without limitation through any 'framing' technique or technology or pop-up windows or pop-under windows or interstitials);
- 4.14.10 Cause any of the Website(s) (or any parts or pages thereof) to open in a visitor's browser or anywhere else used for accessing the Services other than as a result of the visitor clicking on banners or text links contained in or as part of marketing materials;
- 4.14.11 Attempt to intercept or redirect (including via user-installed software) traffic from or on any online site or other place that participates in the Affiliate Programme;
- 4.14.12 Use any means to promote any of the Website(s) that resemble in any way the look and/or feel of any of the Website(s) whether in whole or in part, nor utilize any such means or site to create the impression that such sites are the Website(s) (or any part of the Website(s));
- 4.14.14 Attempt to communicate with any Player/s whether directly or indirectly on the Website(s) to solicit them to move to any online site not owned by VSM or the operator of the Website or for any other purposes by any means whatsoever including, but not limited to, via email, chat boards, etc. without VSM’s prior approval;
- 4.14.15 Market or promote (or attempt to market or promote) the services of VSM or of the operator of the Website (or any specified part thereof) or the Website(s) within the Restricted Territories and/or territories where cash gaming or promoting and marketing thereof is illegal; to attempt to circumvent any restriction which VSM has put in place to prevent visitors from Restricted Territories from signing up as Real Money Players; or attempt to disguise to geographical location of a Player.
- 4.14.16 The Affiliate must not provide their tracking link allowing other affiliates to register a game account, as it will be considered fraud. In such case, the VSM reserves the right to unlink the registered game account without notifying the Affiliate and/or approval thereof or block the fraudulent Affiliate’s account
- 4.15 If VSM determines, in their sole discretion, that the Affiliate has engaged in any of the foregoing activities or that the Affiliate has attempted to do so, VSM may (without limiting any other rights or remedies available to VSM) withhold and/or forfeit any commission and/or terminate this Agreement immediately upon notice to that effect.
- 5.1 VSM will provide online reporting to each Affiliate detailing registrations, new Real Money Players, and commission payable.
- 5.2 VSM will enable Affiliates to access this information online. Should this not be possible at any stage, VSM will provide reports via e-mail detailing the information mentioned above. It is understood that access to the system is not a precondition for membership to the Affiliate Programme.
6. Terms of Payment
- 6.1 Commission will be calculated once a month in accordance with the Affiliate's chosen payment plans after the Affiliate has completed the registration process and/or when VSM has activated additional trackers. Payments will be affected monthly in arrears, by no later than the 20th day of the following calendar month (unless otherwise agreed by VSM and the Affiliate). The Affiliate’s acceptance of the payment of the commission shall be deemed to constitute full and final settlement of the balance due for the relevant period.
- 6.2 Affiliates acknowledge that they may be required to undergo a due diligence process in order to be fully registered with the Affiliate Programme. Failure to provide the necessary information or documentation may result in a suspension or forfeiture of commission payments.
- 6.3 For the avoidance of doubt, VSM has no liability to pay any currency conversion charges or any charges associated with the transfer of monies to the Affiliate. All these charges shall be borne solely and exclusively by the Affiliate.
- 6.4 There are three alternative payment plans from which the Affiliate can choose. The payment plan that the Affiliate chooses will apply to the Affiliate's trackers within the Affiliate program, as follows:
- 6.4.1 CPA payment plan (also known as a Cost per Acquisition Plan) based on the amount of Real Money Players that the Affiliate introduces via the Affiliate's tracker ID, or
- 6.4.2 Revenue Share payment plan based on a share of the commission base generated by the Affiliate's Real Money Players.
- 6.4.3 Mixed (CPA plus Revenue Share) based on a share of the commission base generated by the Affiliate's Real Money Players and the amount of Real Money Players that the Affiliate introduces via the Affiliate's tracker ID.
- 6.5 The Affiliate is entitled to receive commission calculated according to the applicable payment plans that are allocated to the Affiliate's trackers during the term of this Agreement or whilst the concerned Player is still active on the Website. To avoid doubt, the Affiliate will not be entitled to receive any commission for revenues generated by Real Money Players not generated via the Affiliate's tracker URL or already registered on the Website(s) when this is not set out in the payment plans by the Affiliate as a Website(s) that is part of the Affiliate Programme. Further, any payment is excluded for Players generated via fraud traffic, and if so considered, at VSM’s sole discretion.
- 6.6 VSM and the Affiliate will agree on Commission via electronic communication that shall be considered as integral part of this Agreement.
- 6.7 Real Money Players who are marked as fraudulent or bonus abusers shall not be considered as qualifying the Affiliate for the CPA reward. In the event of a chargeback received against or issuance of credit to a Real Money Player, that Real Money Player shall be discounted for the purpose of the CPA payment plan.
- 6.8 VSM shall not pay for incentivised traffic in any form and shall not pay for schemes where a Real Money Player is given or promised a percentage of the CPA as an incentive for becoming a Real Money Player. Such incentives extend to any roulette playing schemes or casino systems where Real Money Players are advised, in any way, on how to play to beat the online wagering system.
- 6.9 VSM reserves the right to change an Affiliate’s commission payment plan towards future referrals, and if needed existing user referrals, for any of the following reasons but not limited to:
- 6.9.1 Non-performance;
- 6.9.2 Inactivity;
- 6.9.3 Suspicious activity.
- Provided that this change is notified to the Affiliate via the provided Affiliate contact email.
- 6.10 Revenue share payment plans may include an expiration period. Meaning that a period of time will be stipulated in the revenue share payment plan during which the actions of the referred users will be included in the commission. Any actions of the referred user after the stipulated expiration period will not form part of the Revenue Share payment plan. The stipulated expiration period starts from the date of the Real Money Player’s registration under the Affiliate’s referred tracker.
- 6.11 The Affiliate may, at the sole discretion of VSM, be provided with the opportunity to restructure its commission structure. However, and for the avoidance of doubt, only one type of Commission Structure for the same product may be applied at the same time. Therefore, once an Affiliate accepts VSM’s offer to apply a new commission structure, different to the standard Commission Structure detailed in the Affiliate Agreement, the Affiliate hereby agrees and understands that the new proposed commission structure shall replace his existing commission structure in its entirety. Notwithstanding the above, the Affiliate’s obligations assumed under the Affiliate Agreement will still continue to apply to the Affiliate even if a new commission structure is applicable.
- 6.12 The commission shall be paid to the Affiliate by VSM and shall – if possible – be credited via the chosen payment method of the Affiliate within twenty (20) days. However, VSM shall not be held liable for any delay due to technical reasons and events which are beyond VSM’s reasonable control.
- 6.13 In the event that suspicions are raised as to the use of fraudulent elements in order to raise ones’ commission, VSM shall withhold payment of said commission, and all future commission until it is satisfied that no fraudulent methods were used. Provided that if it is established that fraudulent methods have in fact been used, then payment of such commission shall not take place and the Agreement shall be terminated immediately.
- 6.14 The commission can only be paid out if the credit has reached its minimum amount of fifty Euros (EUR 50.00,-). If this requirement is not met within the calendar month, before the date for calculation, then the commission shall be carried over until the minimum amount has been accumulated. The value of the minimum amount can be given by contacting the provided email address within the T&C.
- 6.15 Negative revenues coming from casino operations will be carried over to the next period. Negative revenues coming from casino operations may be balanced to zero and will not be carried over to the next period at a sole discretion of VSM.
- 6.16 All taxes due in connection with any payments made out to the Affiliate shall remain at all times the Affiliate's sole responsibility and liability. The Affiliate is responsible for complying with the rules, if any, for registering for and paying income tax and similar taxes in respect of the Affiliate's income from this Agreement and for collecting and paying the income tax and social security contributions in respect of the Affiliate's staff, if the Affiliate has any staff. If value added tax (VAT) or any other sales tax or turnover tax is chargeable, the Affiliate is responsible for complying with the rules, if any, for registering for the tax and collecting and paying tax in the country where the services are provided and the Affiliate acknowledges that the payments that it receives shall be deemed to include all VAT or sales tax or turnover tax.
- 6.17 The Affiliate acknowledges that it is its/his sole responsibility to determine whether it/he is obliged to register for a VAT number and to collect VAT as per the regulations applicable in the jurisdiction of its establishment / his residence.
- 6.18 The Affiliate shall comply with all applicable laws and any policy notified by VSM through the Website or otherwise in relation to money laundering and/or the proceeds of crime.
7. Intellectual property
- 7.1 For the purposes of this Agreement, “Intellectual Property Rights” means rights to all existing and future patents, trademarks, design rights, service marks, trade dress, trade or business names (including domain names), registered designs, copyright (including rights in computer software), moral rights, database rights, format rights and topography rights (whether or not any of these is or are registered and including applications for registration), know-how, trade secrets and rights of confidence and all rights and forms of protection throughout the world of a similar nature or with similar effect to any of these for the full unexpired period of any such rights and any extensions and/or renewals thereof, including the words of the brand itself and/or any logo, mark, domain name or trade name that contains, is confusingly similar to or is comprised of VSM’s marks (or parts thereof) or any other name or mark owned from time to time by VSM or any third party.
- 7.2 The Affiliate acknowledges and agrees that all Intellectual Property Rights are exclusively vested, and shall remain vested, in VSM and/or the operator of the Website. The Affiliate further understands and agrees that it is prohibited from sub-leasing, reselling, licensing and/or distributing any intellectual property or rights thereon, to any third party/parties without the prior written consent of VSM and in particular undertakes to comply with the terms contained in Appendix A.
8. Data Protection
- 8.1.1 Username which shall be used for the purpose of logging into the Affiliate Programme system;
- 8.1.2 Email address;
- 8.1.3 Full name;
- 8.1.4 Date of birth;;
- 8.1.5 Residential address
- 8.1.6 Telephone number;
- 8.1.7 Financial data.
9. Term and termination
- 9.1 The term of this Agreement will begin when approval is granted by VSM of the Affiliate's first registration and shall continue until terminated in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. Termination is at will, for any reason, by either party upon providing 30 days’ written notice. For purpose of notification of termination, delivery via email is considered a written and immediate form of notification. In the event that the Affiliate wishes to terminate the Agreement, the Affiliate must send an email marked 'Termination Affiliate' to [email protected] . For the avoidance of doubt, termination of the Agreement will end the Affiliate's participation in the Affiliate Programme as a whole.
- 9.2 Notwithstanding the provisions of clause 9.1, VSM reserves the right to terminate this Agreement with immediate effect or with effect from a specific date and with no obligation to pay any commissions due to the Affiliate on termination, if the Affiliate:
- 9.2.1 Is involved in cases of fraud or suspected fraud pursuant to the terms set out in Clause 11;
- 9.2.2 Violates any one of the obligations under these Terms and Conditions; or
- 9.2.3 Commits any other violation which VSM deems to be serious and warranting termination.
- 9.3 In case of termination as per Clause 9.1, the commission shall be calculated until the date of termination. The Affiliate will be entitled only to those unpaid referral fees if any earned by the Affiliate on or prior to the date of termination. In case of termination as per Clause 9.2, VSM will not pay the Affiliate the referral fees otherwise owing to the Affiliate on termination. VSM may withhold the Affiliate's final payment for a reasonable time to ensure that the correct amount is paid.
- 9.4 Immediately upon termination:
- 9.4.1 The Affiliate must remove VSM’s marketing material from the Affiliate Website(s) and any other websites and disable any links from the Affiliate Website(s) to the Website(s).
- 9.4.2 All rights and licenses given/allowed to the Affiliate in virtue of this Agreement shall immediately terminate.
- 9.4.3 The Affiliate will return to VSM any confidential information and all copies of it in the Affiliate's possession, custody and control and will cease any and all use of any trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos and other designations.
- 9.4.4 VSM may leave open, redirect or deactivate any tracker in VSM’s sole discretion without any obligation to pay the Affiliate for Players who subsequently become Real Money Players.
- 9.4.5 The Affiliate and VSM will be released from all obligations and liabilities to each other occurring or arising after the date of such termination. Termination will not relieve the Affiliate from any liability arising from any breach of this Agreement, which occurred prior to termination.
10. Policies & Confidentiality
- 10.1 The operator of the Website assumes ownership of the Player at point of first contact with the same. The Affiliate acts as a provider of promotional services for VSM. The operator of the Website reserves the right to refuse Players (or to close their Player Accounts). In the event that any Player Account/s are suspended or closed by the operator of the Website and subsequently reactivated at a later stage, such Player/s will be reassigned/retagged to the Affiliate and the Affiliate will be entitled to earn same referral fees as were previously in place prior to the incident, in respect of such Player in accordance with the then prevailing commission model.
- 10.2 By opening a Player Account, that Player or entity will become customer of the operator of the Website and, accordingly, all client rules, policies, and operating procedures will apply to them.
- 10.3 The Affiliate may receive confidential information from VSM, including confidential information as to VSM’s marketing plans, marketing concepts, structure, payments and other information relating VSM’s business operations or those of the operator of the Website. This information is confidential to VSM and/or the operator of the Website and constitutes part of VSM’s and/or the operator of the Website’s proprietary trade secrets and Confidential Information. The Affiliate shall not disclose this information to third parties or use such information other than for the purposes of this Agreement without VSM’s prior written consent, save as expressly required by law (provided that any such disclosure is only to the extent so required).
- 10.4 The Affiliate agrees to avoid disclosure or unauthorised use of the Confidential Information to third persons or outside parties unless the Affiliate has VSM’s prior written consent and that the Affiliate will use the Confidential Information only for purpose of this Agreement. The Affiliate's obligations with respect to Confidential Information shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
- 11.1 VSM shall be entitled to terminate the Agreement with immediate effect and apply against the Affiliate a penalty equal to the commissions due save for the higher damages suffered in the event that VSM suspects and/or can determine that one or more of the following fraudulent activities has taken place or is about to take place:
- 11.1.1 Fraudulent activities by the Players include, but are not limited to, the following: charge backs, incorrect Player data, minor Players, chip dumping, money laundering;
- 11.1.2 Fraudulent activities by the Affiliate include, but are not limited to, the following: if the Affiliate and the Player have the same IP address and/or if the Player is a direct relative to the Affiliate; if VSM have any doubt as to the true identity of the Affiliate; and if the Affiliate is not able to provide VSM with appropriate identification to effectively verify his identity.
- 11.1.3 Fraud traffic means, especially but not limited to, any simulated new Player, any self-referring, any simulated introduction of a Player via the Affiliate's tracker ID, any double introduction of an individual Player already introduced, any introduction in pretence, any acquisition of players and/or data through illegal means or similar action, or Players generated via the use of illegal measures and disrupting marketing methods, spam, creation of false accounts and unauthorized use of any third-party accounts, collusion, multiple subscriptions from a single e-mail address, sequential names or patterns of names, subscriptions from employees or other parties related to the Affiliate, manipulation of the service or system, any alterations or modification of the marketing material provided and the intellectual property rights. Any dispute as to whether an issue is to be considered fraud traffic or not, shall be resolved and conclusively determined solely by VSM, regardless of whether damages have actually been incurred by VSM.
- 11.2 In the event that VSM reasonably deems that fraudulent activity has taken place in relation to the generation of the commissions, VSM shall notify the Affiliate promptly of the nature of the fraud and of the identity of the perpetrator of the fraud. The Affiliate shall rectify the situation within 72 hours from the notification. If the situation cannot be clarified to the satisfaction VSM within these 72 hours, VSM shall be entitled to terminate the Agreement with the Affiliate immediately and terminate the contractual relationship with immediate effect. VSM have the right to withhold any commission as from the moment at which VSM suspect any fraudulent activity. In VSM’s sole discretion VSM may recalculate the commission in light of such suspected fraud traffic or forfeit the Affiliate's commission in respect of fraud traffic.
- 12.13 Notices. All notices pertaining to this Agreement will be given by email as follows: to the Affiliate at the email address provided by the Affiliate on the Affiliate Sign-up Form (or as subsequently updated by the Affiliate to VSM in the event of change), and to VSM: [email protected]
- 12.2 Relationship of parties. There is no relationship of exclusivity, partnership, joint venture, employment, agency or franchise between the Affiliate and VSM or the operator of the Website under this Agreement. Neither party has the authority to bind the other (including the making of any representation or warranty, the assumption of any obligation or liability and/or the exercise of any right or power), except as expressly provided in this Agreement.
- 12.3 Non-Exclusive. The Affiliate understands and accepts that VSM may at any time (directly or indirectly), enter into marketing terms with other Affiliate/s on the same or different terms as those provided to the Affiliate in this Agreement and that such Affiliates may be similar, and even in competition with the Affiliate.
- 12.4 Press. The Affiliate may not issue any press release or other communication to the public with respect to this Agreement, VSM’s marks or the Affiliate's participation in this Affiliate program without VSM’s prior written consent, except as required by law or by any legal or regulatory authority.
- 12.5 Assignment. Except where the Affiliate has received VSM’s prior written consent, the Affiliate may not assign at law or in equity (including by way of a charge or declaration of trust), sub-license or deal in any other manner with this Agreement or any rights under this Agreement, or sub-contract any or all of the Affiliate's obligations under this Agreement, or purport to do any of the same. Any purported assignment in breach of this clause shall confer no rights on the purported assignee.
- 12.6 Governing Law. This Agreement (including any variation or modification thereto) be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales without giving effect to conflicts of law principles. The Affiliate irrevocably agrees that, subject as provided below, the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any claim, dispute or matter arising out of, or in connection with, or concerning this Agreement or its enforceability and the Affiliate waives any objection to proceedings in such courts on the grounds of venue or on the grounds that proceedings have been brought in an inconvenient forum. Nothing in this clause shall limit the right of VSM to take proceedings against the Affiliate in any other court of competent jurisdiction, nor shall the taking of proceedings in any one or more jurisdictions preclude the taking of proceedings in any other jurisdictions, whether concurrently or not, to the extent permitted by the law of such other jurisdiction.
- 12.7 Severability. Whenever possible, each provision of this Agreement will be interpreted in such a manner as to be effective and valid under applicable law but, if any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such provision will be ineffective only to the extent of such invalidity, or unenforceability, without invalidating the remainder of this Agreement or any other provision hereof.
- 12.8 Entire Agreement. This Agreement embodies the complete Agreement and understanding of the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior or subsequent oral or written Agreement or understanding between the parties in relation to such subject matter save in respect of modification to this Agreement provided by VSM to the Affiliate in accordance with Section 2.4 above. Each of the parties acknowledges and agrees that in entering into this Agreement, it has not relied on any statement, representation, guarantee warranty, understanding, undertaking, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person (whether party to this Agreement or not) other than as expressly set out in the Agreement. Each party irrevocably and unconditionally waives all claims, rights and remedies that, but for this clause, it might otherwise have had in relation to any of the foregoing. Nothing in this Section shall limit or exclude any liability for fraud.
- 12.9 Third-party rights. Except insofar as this Agreement expressly provides that a third party may in their own right enforce a term of this Agreement, a person who is not a party to this Agreement has no right under local law or statute to rely upon or enforce any term of this Agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from under that local law or statute.
- 12.10 No waiver by VSM. If there is a breach of any provision of this Agreement, it shall not be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- 12.11 The Affiliate shall defend, indemnify and hold VSM and VSM’s officers, directors, employees and representatives harmless on demand from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) resulting or arising (directly or indirectly) from the Affiliate's breach of this Agreement.
- 12.12 VSM’s obligations under this Agreement do not constitute personal obligations of the owners, directors, officers, agents, employees, vendors or suppliers of the Website(s) or services other than as provided under this Agreement. Other than as expressly provided in this Agreement, in no event will VSM be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive loss, injury or damage of any kind (regardless of whether VSM has been advised of the possibility of such loss) including any loss of business, revenue, profits or data. VSM’s liability arising under this Agreement, whether in contract, or for breach of statutory duty or in any other way shall only be for direct damages and shall not exceed the revenues generated and payable to the Affiliate in relation to the Website(s) that the dispute relates to over the previous 12 months at the time that the event giving rise to the liability arises. However, nothing in this Agreement will operate to exclude or limit either party's liability for death or personal injury arising as a result of that party's negligence or for fraud.
Appendix A: Intellectual Property Rights of Third Parties
The Affiliate shall guarantee that the material shown on the Affiliate Website does not infringe any rights of third parties (including copyright, patents and trade mark rights, the general right of personality or any other rights – in the following "IP").
The Affiliate shall not copy or resemble the Website(s) in whole or in part, and frame any page of the Website(s) in whole or in part. The Affiliate shall not register or attempt to register any logo, trade mark, trade name, insignia, design, domain name or similar identifying material and shall not create any websites, groups, profiles (especially but not limited to www.facebook.com) that contain the IP or are confusingly similar to or are comprised of any of the IP.
The Affiliate shall not register or attempt to register domain names which are similar or confusingly similar to the Trademarks or Sites, or any other associated brands or companies, including (for avoidance of doubt) any misspellings or any phonetics. In the case that the Affiliate does register any domain name as described above, it will on demand by VSM, immediately transfer any such domain name to VSM or to a third party elected by VSM.
Bidding on Brand Terms
The Affiliate may not place, purchase or register keywords (including meta-tag keywords), search terms or other identifiers for use in any search engine, portal, sponsored advertising service or other search or referral service and which are identical, are similar or otherwise resemble any Trademarks owned by VSM or any third party. In case Affiliate is in breach of this clause VSM shall be entitled to withhold any and all payments of commission to the Affiliate.
Approved Marketing Materials
The Affiliate will only use advertising creative (banners, html mailers, images, logos, micro games, page peels, content and other) approved by VSM and will not alter their appearance nor refer to VSM in any promotional materials other than those that are available from the Affiliate Tool. The Affiliate shall not (i) use Marketing Materials in a manner that may potentially confuse a Player or potential Player or (ii) place Marketing Materials on any online site where the content on such medium infringes any third party’s IP.
License to use Marks
VSM hereby grant the Affiliate a non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable license, during the term of this Agreement, to use any IP with regards to the Approved Marketing Materials for the display on the Affiliate Website and for the sole purpose of the Agreement. This license cannot be sub-licensed, assigned, sold or otherwise transferred by the Affiliate without VSM’s prior written approval. VSM has the right to terminate this license at any time by providing written or electronic notification to the Affiliate.
The Affiliate guarantees to maintain the email-address stored in the registration with the Affiliate Tool and inform VSM in any event, should this email-address change. A notification sent to this email address is accepted as sufficient for any communication regarding this contract.
The Affiliate shall not contest the ownership of the IP, and shall not take any action that may invalidate or weaken the validity of the IP or diminish the IP associated goodwill.
The Affiliate shall not contest the ownership of the IP, and shall not take any action that may invalidate or weaken the validity of the IP or diminish the IP associated goodwill.
The Affiliate shall cease to use all IP upon being notified to do so by VSM (either by electronic or written notification) or any other termination of this Agreement.